An Exclusive Interview of Shihan Hari Prasad Pattanayak | General Secretary Odisha State Karate Association | Vice President Karate Association of India| Sports247live
1.Which year you started Karate -07/01/1980 at Bhubaneswar. Before that I was doing Wrestling and Gymnasium
2. Which year you started playing National – 1984(Mumbai), 1986(Goa), 1987(Lonawala)
3. How many National champion you produce in Karate-Many National and International Champions in karate
4.How many national international champion you produce in other sports and Sir please tell us in which all sports- Produced many National and International players in other sports like Powerlifting, Weightlifting, Shooting, Arm wrestling, Swimming etc.
5.What is your major achievement – Actively remaining in Karate since last 40years and produced many National and International players in other sports also
6.What make so passionate about karate- have it should be love. Karate has rich history, deep philosophy and scientific practices.
7.Tell us about your Doctarate Degree- I am in to Yoga since age of 5yrs. I am always worried to see the Yoga is being treated as a physical exercise or therapetical practices rather Yoga is only meant for getting mastery over mind. To put my understanding in pen and paper and get a academic node to it I did elaborated the “YOGASUTRA” in my prospective as my PhD thesis and got a Doctorate. Now if time permits I will make a book out of my thesis for General Public.
8.What is the lack you find in Indian karatekas – Physical attributes and mental attitudes
9.How Indian karateka’s can compete with foreign players – By frequently joining International Karate Championship
10.What are the most important thing which can make the Indian karateka in world level players-
a. Talent scouting in scientific basis
b. Proper scientific training focusing on explosiveness, reflex and agility
c. Tampering their attitude as a competitor not as a hero
d. making all of them trained together(camp)
e. making them train with better(Foreign fighter)as much as possible. Either by going there or bringing few fighters to our camp.
f. creating proper bench strength in competitions.
11.During your days and now a days what you find the difference among the mentality of the players- Now the players are more professional than before but poorly qualified and educated.
Awards and Recognition
- Awarded Biju Patnaik Sports award -2016 the award for contribution to promotion of Sports and game.
- Awarded the Appreciation Certificate from Higher Education Department, Govt of Odisha in the year 2017 for contribution to the Self –defence movement going on across the State
- Awarded Adi Rani Award by Kalinga Gourav Foundation
- Awarded Krida Ratna Award
- Awarded Kalinga Iconic Award 2018
- Awarded Krida Prativa Samman by M.B Memorial
- Awarded Odisha Prativa Samman 2016
- Felicitated by Organisation of United Working Journalists(OUWS) in the field of Physical fitness and YOGA
- Awarded 4th Duradarshi Sports Talent Award 2015
- Awarded Krida Sambadika Ashok Smaraki Krida Puraskar 2010
- General Secretary & Coach
Orissa State Karate Do Association from 1991
- Member, Orissa Council of Sports, Govt. of Orissa.
- Member, Youth Welfare Board, Govt. of Orissa
- Vice-President and Coach Orissa Powerlifting Association.
- Vice-President, Orissa Weightlifting Association
- Technical Advisor, Kato’s Gyms, Orissa.(17Katos Gyms have already been established throughout Orissa)
- Joint Secretary, Orissa Arm-wrestling Association.
- Secretary and Coach Orissa Rifle Association
Extensive work Women Empowerment –
- Trained 15,00,000(Fifteen lakh ) girl students “REACT” self defence system
- Around 10,00,000(Ten lakhs) of my self defence book “REACT” have been distributed among girls by Govt. of Odisha