On 9th December 2019 in Delhi Mr.Narender Dhruv Batra President of Indian Olympic Association met Sh AMIT SHAH Hon’ble Home Minister, Government of India.
- Holding of IOC 2023 Session in Mumbai India, during the 75th year of India’s Independence subject to IOC acceptance/approval.
- Bidding for 2026 Youth Olympics in India where out the following 3 cities ie Delhi/Bhubaneshwar Odisha/Mumbai, only one city will be shortlisted by IOA for Evaluation by IOC before it goes for IOC acceptance/approval.
- Holding of Hockey Men’s World Cup in January 2023 in Bhubaneshwar & Rourkela Odisha in the 75th Year of India’s Independence.
Hon’ble Minister also discussed progress, development and growth of Hockey happening now in India at grass root & elite level.
- Updated about preparations/training for 2020 Olympics of Indian Contingent.
- Discussed Fit India Movement, TOPS Programme and Khelo India Youth Games.
Hon’ble Minister was very receptive and supportive
Mr.Batra convey his heartiest thanks to Hon’ble Minister on behalf of Sporting Community & Fraternity